Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wordless Wednesday- Luther Thompson and family

 photo MaryandGroupofThompsons.jpg
My great-grandfather, Luther Thompson was born in Persimmon Valley, Rabun County, Georgia on 23 March 1886.  He was the son of Sidney E. Thompson and his wife Adeline York Thompson, both also born in Rabun County.

This photograph shows Luther with his some of his daughters with his second wife (my great-grandmother), Sellie Clark.  My grandmother, Mary Ann Thompson Ellenburg (born 8 June 1924) is standing on the back left.  Her sisters are standing beside her (from left to right) are Ora (born 22 April 1922), Wilma (born 20 Dec. 1932) and Francis (born 24 Sept. 1936). Luther is holding my father, Lee Ellenburg (born 1 Jan. 1945). I believe this picture was taken around 1948 because my daddy looks to be about 3 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment